Wednesday, January 19, 2005

It's NOT all about me?

My husband is a giver. I am a taker. I often think life is all about me. I know that is supposed to be something only 2 year olds think but I confess that often I am really a 2 year old in a 42 year old body.

I don't know if I will ever become a giver in the deepest sense of the word. Giving comes so easily for my husband. He makes two slices of toast for himself and if someone comes into the kitchen he automatically offers them one of his slices of toast. Without begrudging it one bit. Me? Make your own toast thank you very much.

We were at my in-laws place for lunch today. My father in law is a giver. We came home with a slab of sandwich meat. He gets such delight in sharing what he has with others. To refuse him this delight would be an insult.

I am a hoarder by nature. I wish I wasn't.

The journey continues.

No comments: