Monday, January 10, 2005

To send or delete

Hitting the send button on my computer feels so scary sometimes. I just let 16 people, who matter to me, know that I became part of the Catholic faith in the last week of December. There are some who will not be impressed. I really do like the thought of living the life of a hermit at times. My journey has had so many zig zags and if it has to be so then I wish I could zig zag in private.

But I keep trying. I remind myself that this is a journey. What I really hope is that I get comfortable enough with the reality that it is a journey to let others have theirs too. God knows I have spent so much time judging the journeys of others.

And that is probably the most frequent thought since I became Catholic. I am not God. I don't have a clue as to someone else's journey. I have my journey to live. I'm trying to live it as best I know how. I pray I learn to extend that grace to others.

No comments: