Friday, February 18, 2005

Level Ground

Reminder to self...don't wear mascara to Mass.

I went to Mass this morning mostly to spend some time with Jesus hashing out my thoughts/feelings about the rape being triggered last week. There is something about getting alone with Him there that helps.

After receiving the Eucharist I made my way back to the pew and knelt to pray. I talked to Him about my feelings and need for healing. I don't know what else to call it other than Him speaking to me but the word forgiveness came to me. And before I could protest the next thought was this: "This man giving into his lust is no different than when you give into your own." Oh Jesus, that is too hard to hear. The tears just flowed and flowed. All I could say to Him was how hard it was to hear that answer.

They say at the foot of the cross it is level ground.

No comments: