Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Passing the Stick

I need something a little lighter today. Thanks, Martha!. A good night's sleep can do wonders for a person's perspective on life. Plus the love and support of people who love me no matter how messy my humanity gets.

I couldn't pass up these questions because of my love of books....although I only just clued in that Fahrenheit 451 had to be a book cause all the other questions have to do with books. So I cheated and looked up Fahrenheit 451 on google. I can just hear my college age daughter gasping that I didn't know that Fahrenheit 451 was a book.

1. You're stuck inside Farenheit 451. Which book do you want to be?

"Montag visits Faber, who tells him that the value of books lies in the detailed awareness of life that they contain."(copied from sparknotes.com)

I want to be the heroine of such a book or the author. I'll take being Esther from the Bible.

2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

Still have one on Dickon in The Secret Garden.

3. The last book you bought was...?

Uplift: Secrets from the Sisterhood of Breast Cancer Survivors. Found this book in a discount bin and bypassed it a good 3 or 4 weeks before I bought it. My mom is a two time breast cancer survivor.

4. The last book you read was...?
Fragments of My Life by Catherine de hueck Doherty. Martha's quotes from this woman's life got me hooked and I ordered this book through interlibrary loan. It is now on my "must have my own copy" list.

5. What are you currently reading?
Religious No More by Mark D. Baker. I am finding I can be religious about just about everything. Ugh.

6. Five books you would take to a desert island...

1. I can't decide which translation of the Bible but one of them. And journals to write in.
2. The Way To Love. I read a chapter out of this book every morning.
3. Boy by Roald Dahl. If I am going to be by myself on an island I need some comic relief.
4. Get Fuzzy #5: A Get Fuzzy Collection. More comic relief.
5. The Little Notebook: The Journal of a Contemporary Woman's Encounters With Jesus. This book has had me in tears so many times. It has profoundly affected my spiritual journey.

7. What three people are you passing this stick on to and why?

I'm wishing outloud here but if I could choose from blogdom it would be Michael at The Main Point. Gordon at Real Live Preacher and thirdly Michael at Boar's Head Tavern.

These three guys enrich my journey on a daily basis.

No comments: