Saturday, July 30, 2005

It Is Finished

Three hours sleep in the past 24. My friend passed away this morning. I don't know what to say. I sat with her through the night. To be witness to the suffering - for what purpose? I don't know. A line from some movie keeps going through my head, "Death comes to us all." I thought I knew what suffering was. Nada. Nope. Haven't experienced it. Thought I knew what it looked like to embrace it. Nope. At this point I would rather be run over by a truck than go through the fires of purification by suffering. At one point last night I had to leave the room cause I couldn't bear to witness the journey....as I was leaving the verses about Jesus in the garden and his friends not being able to stay awake came to me. Bearing witness to the journey is damn hard work.

No comments: