Friday, October 12, 2007

Surrendering to Reality

Good self care is my goal today. My body is weary and a nap is calling. I am grateful for the ability to surrender to reality today. Tomorrow I start meetings for a women's weekend that I am often involved with. We meet weekly for 3 weekends and then take a break before the actual women's weekend. I'll be giving a talk about putting one's faith into action. Writing and giving talks is life giving for me. This time around I'm bringing a bar stool (how appropriate) to sit on while I give my talk instead of standing for 35 minutes. I'm getting smarter. Spoons don't define my days like they used to, and for that I'm grateful, yet I still have limitations. Today I'm trying to honour that.

1 comment:

Erin said...

They couldn't have chosen better for a speaker!