Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Feet To Do It

A pink streaked sky greets me this morning.
I really dislike being alone at night so I'm glad it's morning.
This feels like a put-one-foot-in-front-of-the-other kind of day.
That's not a bad thing, just reality.
I'm glad I have the feet to do it.

The weather man said there was no snow in the 5 day forecast.
That's the time of year it is here when it comes to weather.
Which should tell you I am a true Canadian because weather is often the first thing we talk about. Every week when I call my mom she asks about the weather first, about my week, second.

Yesterday I was listening to the request hour on the radio when someone phoned in who sounded so much like my friend Karen. Not sure how long it will be before remembering that she's gone will stop sending a zing of pain right through me. As I was thinking of her I realized the song this woman requested was one that they played at Karen's funeral. Well, wasn't that enough to make me cry and cry?

So even though this feels like a put-one-foot-in-front-of-another kind of day, I'm going to choose to walk it with a smile on my face and a good attitude. My friend Karen knew she was dying and she wanted nothing more than to keep on living. This day's for her.

4 comments:

4in4 said...

I'm not sure how I found you but I'm sure glad I did. Our favorite books and music read essentially the same. I am also a Catholic recovering compulsive overeater. I wonder, though, if your "Jodi Picard" in your favorite authors should be "Jodi Picoult". She's one of my faves so I suspect so. ;) This post is lovely and I want to send {{{HUGS}}}.

Hope said...

Yes, you're right - it's Jodi Picoult.
Thanks for stopping by ~ I'll make sure to go check out your blog.

Anonymous said...

Reminds of something I read the other day on the "Coversations With God" website. God says He is everywhere all the time, just listen, listen to the next song you hear on the radio, because it could be Him, something like that, sounds really corny as I write it, but anyway, I know you know what I mean. {{{hugs}}}

Anonymous said...

....... this post brings tears to my eyes....

We will all continue walking...together...one foot in front of the next... with our eyes set on Jesus.

Gerry