Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Wings Of Warmth

"How can this be your will?" I screamed at the night sky last night when I was looking for little Yoga Pup.
It was a somber mood in the house after we'd spent several hours of looking. I hadn't even gotten dressed when I'd run out of the house to call and search for the little pug. Silk pjs, knee high winter clodhoppers and snow drifts make for interesting companions.

As I lay with my head on dearest one's shoudler last night I sobbed. I don't ever remember crying over a pet before. I always pushed the feeling way down deep. Safest that way. Sobbing is progress.

I chaired the noon AA meeting today. I really needed to talk. I'd spent the morning in a therapy session where tears flowed over other things. Our little meeting that used to have 5 people on a good day has grown. Today there were 18 of us around the table. We couldn't have stuffed many more people in the room. There was a newcomer and someone coming back. It was good to chair and have a reprieve from the tears. As we opened with the Serenity Prayer I silently acknowledged that a missing pug is something I cannot change. Damn.

At one point last night I prayed that if Yoga Pup was out there somewhere and we just hadn't found him, God could You please send an angel to keep him warm.

Angels must have wings of warmth.

This afternoon our neighbour was driving along and saw something black in the ditch a ways from the road. He phoned his wife and told her he thought it might be our missing little pug. She got in her van and drove to the spot and made her way through the deep snow and there was Yoga Pup safe and sound. He had spent the night in the cold and not a coyote got him nor anything else. Angels must have mighty big wings.


I'm on my way home now.
I will probably cry all over again when I see Yoga Pup.
Thanks for all your caring and prayers.
I am grateful.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Hope this is the most wonderful news indeed!!!! I am so happy, those prayers have so much power to motivate our angels...I am so glad that your baby is well and made his way back.

My sponsor has told me that each tear is necessary, it is the way in which we heal, they are what helps us get there...

cry away...we are all here to support and love you and that little yoga pup!

Love

Heidi Renee said...

hurray! i am so relieved!

Jim said...

Good to hear the pup is safe and coming home. I believe in prayer and could fill a lot of space here with a story of my youngest once praying over two tiny missing tetras in a tank inhabited by hungry angel fish. Enough, though, to rejoice with you in your own blessing.....

Anonymous said...

Thanks be to God for neighbors who care, for angels with big, warm wings to keep lost puppies safe and warm and for Y.S., who I know was praying fervently for Yoga pug too.
d.o.

anj said...

I am so happy for you (and the yoga pup). Angels must have mighty big wings. Hugs!

daisymarie said...

yoga pup is protected pup. yay!

and yay for progress! no matter how we get there.

steveroni said...

Wonder of wonders--on every level.

Seeker said...

You see, miracles do still happen!

Thanks for cheering me up: I feel really happy now! Please give him a big kiss from me!

Peter said...

One of my fellow-yoga students told me last night that she had rescued a pup that afternoon--from heavy traffic. She phoned Animal Control, only to discover that a frantic couple had just reported that dog missing. Happy reunion. Sometimes, as with Yoga Pup, that's how it shakes out.

Anonymous said...

Phew and wow. Amazing how those little guys can make their way into a heart so thoroughly and so quickly. Thank God he's home.

Mich

Anonymous said...

Looks like my congrats from yesterday did not go through so, just to say it again, Thanks be to God.

truevyne said...

I love happy endings.

Kayce aka lucy said...

i held my breath through the whole reading of this post. i am so grateful it had a happy ending! we have (had) a kitty that went missing almost two years ago. the not-knowing what happened to him seems the hardest for me. i still look for him around the neighborhood. so glad you didn't have to look too long for yoga pup!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yay! I'm so glad he was found!