Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sidetracked

I have a full week ahead of me.
Three days of work, then two afternoons of appointments.
One evening meeting lasting 4 hours long where I'll give a preview
of a talk I am giving at a women's retreat next month.
Then a road trip to see only daughter
and get some medical tests done and see
the cardiologist.
The cardiologist who will rag on me about my weight
as usual, for not being in that magical range
that I will never be in again.
I'm okay with that.
She won't be.

I wish she could see this journey of self acceptance
is so much more important than the number on the scale.
Celebrate the success of my not binge eating anymore.
Celebrate the weight loss I do have.
But no, it will be boiled down to a number on the scale.
I guess I better deal with that before I have me some
huge ass resentment.
(I can hear the cardiologist telling me
I already have the huge ass bit down pat.)

Sorry, got sidetracked by the committee in my head.

Anyway, all that to say I'm taking a blog posting break until after I get back home towards the end of the month. Talk to you then.


9 comments:

steveroni said...

Hope, you WILL be missed. On the plus side is that there are only about twn days between now, and when we will read you again.

Pictures??? If ya can? And some trip details when you return?
You stay sober, no matter what, girl, I will also...and a whole lots of the rest of us!

Daisy said...

Have a wonderful trip, Hope!! All the best to only daughter.

Mich

Pru said...

You don't have a huge ass. And I can't wait to see you!

daisymarie said...

I will celebrate the progress and hard earned loss with you! And how sad that she will miss the party! Take care.

Wait. What? said...

"... sorry got sidetracked by the comittee in my head..." Hehehehehe!!! I loved this Hope - Hope your weekend was great!

mile191 said...

I understand breaks. Hugs to you. Love the stuff in your head. I felt at home. And it is nice to know what is going on. Makes me feel not alone. You take care, and we will be here. I hope that this finds you working things out, and well. Hugs until you return. ♥ mile

One Prayer Girl said...

Wanted you to know I just gave you an award. You can see it on my blog.

Love Ya,
PG

Unknown said...

Well obviously I've been out of the loop, but trust me you are missed! I hope it all goes well with the doctor and who cares about the scale...we have you!!!

Love,
G

Anonymous said...

Hope the tests went well and the lecture was not too painful! Miss your posts.