Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Personal Accountability


It's my Friday today so I am super happy about that. It means I get to watch the Olympics to my heart's content tomorrow. It's been an interesting week at work. I am grateful for the 12 steps and the grace to put them into action. The 4th and 10th steps can help me sort through what is mine to own and what isn't. I tend to either want to take all the blame or none of the blame for shit that happens. It was good yesterday to be able to take a clear headed look at things, being totally open to owning my stuff. I will be running all of it past my sponsor tonight because that pesky ego of mine can be really sneaky sometimes and convince me nah, it's not your stuff when it darn well is. What did she say to me the other night when I told her sometimes I wanted to quit aservice position? She laughed and said, "Ah, you want to take the easy way out." I love her for telling me what I need to hear, not what I want to hear. Anyway I will take this process over my old behaviour any day.

My worst problem at the moment is that the coconut oil I have in my hot cereal in the morning somehow got on the bottom of my cereal bowl. Isn't wonderful to have such piddly problems? Beats having real drama, I tell ya.

7 comments:

Wait. What? said...

Love the cartoon!!!

I was just thinking this past week how few real problems I have in my life these days and it is so nice to be able to sit back and apprecaite the difference between today and years gone by.

Cat

Garnet said...

Here's to piddly problems. May the coconut oil in your bowl be the most of your problems, today!

One Crafty Mother said...

Oh, I LOVE that cartoon! Perfect for my week this week, too.

Those steps are amazing, aren't they?? :)

Rebecca Frech said...

I am always thankful when my days are blessedly boring.

Peter said...

Someone may be looking at your life, Hope, and thinking, "My problems are so piddly compared to hers...!"

annieoddflower said...

Love the cartoon! I hate that I am not keeping up with my own blog reading very well...

daisymarie said...

Amen to the piddly!