Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hello World

I've been listening to this song on the way to work every day these past few weeks. I get like that sometimes. A song gets stuck in my head and it's on repeat for a very long time. I can hear my family groan at the familiarity of that habit of mine. This morning I had a moment when I was overcome with awe at creation and how we are both created by the Creator. I had to swallow back the tears as I was pulling into my parking spot at work.



I'm on the home stretch as far as work goes. Another day in the office and then I'm done for the summer. I am ready for a break. I've been reflecting on my attitudes/actions at work this week as I drive. So much room for improvement. I sure can have an attitude in a heart beat. I'm trying to remember that a bad attitude does not make me a bad person. I am grateful for the grace to look inward and upward.

8 comments:

Andrew said...

Oh yes. Looking inward and upward must be the way to getting out of the mire.

Sorry, but the song doesn't do a thing for me.

Peter said...

I may have missed something, but are you saying you're done as in, the job is over, or taking a holiday?

Wait. What? said...

A break with anything is a good thing. it gives you time to apprecaite the good things and not take for granted the possibilities whatever it is in your life may open up for you.

Lovely song.

Jim said...

At this stage in the journey, I am often amazed, my friend, at how so much of what passes for gospel music misses "making a connection", the lyrics filled with where modern evangelism has taken the experience. Then I bump into a song like this that speaks to where we all live and I wonder if "church" hasn't garbled the message. Thanks for the link and the introduction to a song that simply "tells it like it is"....

Peter said...

Jim, you have a point, and a big one: I find that there are songs out there that are not intentional "faith" songs as such that speak to the Mystery and the Journey we're on much better than most hymns or Gospel songs do.

Jim said...

Pete: I just finished a two-paragraph post that concerns this song and another friend's comments, but probably won't put it up until tomorrow morning. In visiting your site, I noticed that you seem to be a fan of Chaim Potok. He was introduced to me via "The Chosen" and I've read since just about everything he's written.....

Robin said...

"inward and upward" -- I like that!

Marla said...

Enjoy your break!