Saturday, April 14, 2012

Quiet Bits of Simplicity

It's snowing to beat the band out there as I type. I'm disappointed to miss my home group meeting this morning because of the resulting wretched roads. The change in plans most likely means a quiet day with bits of housecleaning and cooking and the simple things that fill me with the most contentment. I am pretty grateful these days for those things. People keep telling me that getting older is the pits and I keep replying that getting older is a gift, a privilege that not everyone gets to experience.


4 comments:

annie said...

Amen to that sentiment, sister! Life itself is a privilege. I'm slowly learning that through my painful series of events. Sometimes I have not been properly grateful for my time here.

daisymarie said...

Every day is gift. This week I turned 55. My dad didn't live that long. Now I can eat cheaper when we go out. Today I'm at the older daughter's house and spending the day with her and my granddaughter (who is 8). More gift and much thankfulness.

Jess Mistress of Mischief said...

:) Good gratitude! I love it!

jim said...

When did you resurrect, my friend? So good to find you up and posting again. The last time I submerged, a couple of old navy friends asked me to continue and I broke surface on something called "Temporary Osmosis". Still mostly just me and my Biblical thinking and only a few days a week. Enough. I need to go backwards here and catch up....jim