Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Snow White

A few weeks ago I was sitting in the chair at my hairdresser's when I noticed an elderly lady, with this lovely head of snow white hair, walk in. As my hair dresser continued to cover up my grey roots with hair dye I told her that I wanted to have a head of hair like that one day. She tactfully told me that I already did under all that hair dye. Who knew?

I noticed my first grey hair when I was 25. I didn't dye my hair until I was well into my 40's. It was totally for reasons of vanity. My husband didn't have a grey hair on his head and was in a job where people continually thought he was in his mid thirties. I didn't want them to think he was married to an older woman never mind the fact that I am younger than he is!

My mom used to say she would stop dying her hair when she became a great grandmother. She was in her early 60's when that happened and that was just too soon for her. She's in her late 70's now and just recently gave up colouring her hair due to health issues. 

I'm not making any promises. I'm very curious to see what my hair looks like underneath all this camouflage. But not curious enough to really see. 

3 comments:

spookyrach said...

I bet it will look great!! I love it when I see a woman, even young, who confidently wears her grey hair.

Mary Christine said...

I let my hair go natural a couple of years ago. I honestly had no idea what color it would be. It is a lovely light brown (which I used to consider mousy) with big white streaks. I love it! And people tell me I look younger.

Emily J. said...

Just checking in to see if you have posted anything new. Hope all is well. I botched my haircolor a couple months ago, and now am having to recolor it every month when the awful orange color starts to show through. Once this grows out, I am never coloring again!